Charles Schwab & Co. - Director, Fiduciary Risk Mgmt
Posted: October 20, 2017
Charles Schwab & Co.
Director, Fiduciary Risk Management
Westlake, TX, USA
Reporting to the SVP of Operational Risk & Insurance, the Director of Fiduciary Risk Management will be responsible for the build out and continued maturity of the Fiduciary Risk program. This role will lead the operational risk management efforts, in collaboration with compliance teams and first-line business units, in how we identify, assess, monitor and report on the fiduciary risks related to a diverse mix of businesses, including: asset management, broker-dealer, trust companies and bank. Individual will also be charged with providing a holistic view of Fiduciary Risk through reporting, to senior management and related Board committees.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the continued maturity of the Fiduciary Risk policy and related procedures and build processes to validate adherence to the program requirements.
- Assess the current state and work to mature key operational risk framework elements specific to fiduciary risk, including: risk and control oversight, key risk indicators, risk appetite, loss data and event reporting, and scenario analysis.
- Provide independent oversight and challenge of fiduciary risk management within the first line of defense (business units).
- Interpret regulatory requirements and guidance to understand the activities that we must perform.
- Respond to internal audit and external regulatory inquiries regarding fiduciary risk.
- Partner with management to help drive focus on mitigation of risk, including implementation of management action plans to address open fiduciary operational risk issues.
- Participate in projects or product reviews as appropriate to assess fiduciary risk.
- Lead cross functional risk and oversight forums.
What you have:
The successful candidate must be fully committed to serving the needs of clients, employees, and shareholders. He/she will bring a strong leadership presence in supporting the brand through strong organizational and communication skills. This candidate will also be effective in establishing and obtaining commitment to business goals, while constructively motivating people and implementing strategies to achieve superior business results including quality and productivity.
- Minimum of seven years of fiduciary risk management experience within a diversified financial services firm.
- Ability to manage cross functional projects and teams, including building plans, documenting scope and business requirement and keep team on track through progress measurement.
- Strong working knowledge of operational risk oversight, corporate program development, maintenance for risk assessment and testing.
- Experience in operations covering multiple job processes and comprehensive knowledge of related regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Please apply: http://schw.jobs/gkqaE
Career Opportunities Page