Busey Wealth Management - Senior Fiduciary Officer
Posted: December 27, 2017
Busey Wealth Management
Wealth Management Senior Fiduciary Officer
This role combines lead Trust Advisor relationship management with fiduciary practice leadership and risk management. Partner is responsible for managing complex wealth management client relationship and delivering high quality fiduciary services. Partner also supports other Trust Advisors as a regional resource for fiduciary leadership and risk management.
The Wealth Management Senior Fiduciary Officer also coordinates the risk assessment process for Busey Wealth Management and is primarily responsible for ensuring that Wealth Management (Busey Trust Company) is in compliance with federal and state statutes and regulations, that appropriate policies and procedures have been adopted to ensure such compliance, and that such policies and procedures are being followed.
More specific components of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibits depth of knowledge of trust and estate agreements, governing documents, and account agreements. Able to show extensive knowledge of fiduciary duties and applicable laws, including trust and tax law, estate planning techniques, financial planning, asset management and prudent investment principles.
- Responsible for leading client conversations for life driven wealth management. Provides proactive advice to clients on products/services, emerging issues, regulatory/tax changes, and appropriate actions for the client. Combines technical knowledge, with fact finding, and analysis to develop advice-driven solutions for clients. Explains complicated concepts to clients in a thoughtful way using non-technical terminology. Maintains a working knowledge of various internal resources and utilizes fiduciary knowledge, experience, and resources to identify opportunities for relationship enhancement.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of fiduciary standards and practices, applies fiduciary knowledge and judgment to fiduciary relationships. Understands and complies with internal policies, processes and procedures to effect prudent risk management and judgment. Recognizes fiduciary risk issues and seeks appropriate resolution.
- Cultivates relationships with referral sources and centers of influence to build the business; identifies and develops new business opportunities. Participates in community and professional organizations representing. Identifies opportunities to showcase expertise and thought leadership.
- Assists in resolution of significant fiduciary issues for all partners in region; participates as requested on fiduciary oversight committees, including account acceptance and discretionary actions; regional oversight of fiduciary risk management and compliance by client service teams; consults with all members of client service teams on all new at risk relationships and monitoring progress of existing at risk relationships; consults in potential servicing loss situations.
Experience, Education, Skill or Technical Requirements
- Requires Bachelor’s degree; a J.D., MBA and Professional Licenses is preferred.
- Requires 5 or more years in trust administration, operations, or trust compliance.
- Experienced multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise.
- Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
Candidates may apply directly to our website www.busey.com or LinkedIn
Career Opportunities Page