Posted: February 16, 2018
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed.
1. Ensure compliance in Trust activities. Interface/consult with senior management of business/support units on emerging risk issues. Respond to staff inquiries on compliance topics.
2. Provide compliance support to new product development & process changes. Assist with the integration process for mergers & acquisitions.
3. Monitor changes in law & regulation review of industry related publications. Conduct research into regulatory matters.
4. Assess policies/procedures in assigned areas to ensure compliance with regulations & changes. Draft risk management procedures; incorporate regulatory changes as necessary.
5. Assist in the design & execution of risk management process. Ensure the timely & effective communication of the results of analyses directly to business line senior management. Ensure appropriate risk controls are established & working effectively.
6. Plan, organize, conduct & coordinate risk control reviews & provide analyses of business/support unit activities.
7. Support the Business Continuity Plan Process.
8. Support enterprise risk management initiatives. Coordinate activities with Corporate Compliance.
9. Assist with oversight of departmental planning & special projects. Track outstanding audit & regulatory issues. Provide reports to management detailing the issues involved & actions being taken on all matters pending through final resolution.
10. Responsible for direct interaction with auditors/examiners during audits/examinations. Track audit exception items to ensure that resolution is satisfactory & complete.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of direct experience in fiduciary business activities
3. Thorough knowledge and understanding of fiduciary principles and all applicable laws and regulations
4. Strong compliance, examiner, audit or control background
5. Effective written and verbal communication skills
6. Above average analytical skills and the ability to reassess priorities to meet deadlines
7. Strong problem solving and project management skills
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
To apply: https://bbt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/Raleigh-NC/Trust-Support-Services-Risk-Officer_R0003560-1