WISD Risk Manager-M&T Bank/Wilmington Trust
Posted: August 23, 2023
M&T Bank/Wilmington Trust
WISD Risk Manager
Wilmington, DE USA
As a member of the second line of defense supporting Registered Investment Advisors, the Wealth and Institutional Services Division (WISD) Risk Manager supports the development, implementation, monitoring, and ongoing enhancements of the Risk Management framework. Examples of core risk management activities include the: development, maintenance, and implementation of policies and procedures; review and critical challenge of Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs); review and monitoring of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs); evaluating, identifying, reporting and monitoring of internal and external Emerging Risks; direct participation in key risk governance committees, and participation in WISD regulatory inquiries, examinations and ongoing periodic status updates. CFA, AIF, CFIRS and/or CFTA designation recommended.
- Continuously work with business partners and other control group counterparts to evaluate the "current state" of risk controls, policies, and practices to identify opportunities to improve current practices.
- Review, monitor, and critically challenge the KRI creation and performance; continually look for opportunities to improve KRI framework to focus on the most critical risks.
- Understand the link between risks and actual losses (including near misses) for scenario analysis.
- Actively participate in the Governance Committees of assigned business(s); defining high-risk criteria and evaluating all business opportunities or transactions which meet the high-risk criteria.
- Contribute to the identification of risk related content to provide effective reporting, risk profiles and trend analyses at the business unit level and at the enterprise level; identify and effectively communicate hot topics and emerging risks.
- Provide input into the First Line of Defense testing program to ensure the high-risk processes are continuously evaluated for the effectiveness of controls.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of nine years in the financial services industry; experience in an audit or risk function.
- Strong knowledge of Asset Management (e.g., investment product development and management; portfolio management; trading desks; research; etc.).
- Ability to influence others without direct reporting authority to achieve desired results.
- Strong experience in managing across functional and organizational lines.
Please apply to www.mtb.com/careers Requisition: R52647
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including disabilities and veterans.
Career Opportunities Page