Audit Supervisor, Wealth Management--WSFS Bank
Posted: November 14, 2023
Audit Supervisor, Wealth Management
Philadelphia, PA / Bryn Mawr, PA
The Audit Supervisor reports to the Audit Manager and executes internal audit and consulting engagements that evaluate corporate management and operating practices. This position is responsible for ensuring that established financial, operational and compliance practices, and the related controls, are designed and operating effectively. The Audit Supervisor is responsible for the creation and execution of appropriate audit programs, assigning and directing staffing resources to complete the audit projects, generating final audit reports, and conducting thorough issue follow-up testing.
The Audit Supervisor assists the Audit Manager in overseeing and directing the Internal Audit Risk Assessment and Audit Plan, which includes the year-end internal audit assistance provided to the independent public accountant/ external auditors.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage projects to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
- Assist in effective working relationships with business unit management, including providing status reporting for project.
- Assist in the performance of the annual Internal Audit risk assessment and Internal Audit plan.
- Keeps abreast of Company policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws.
- Promote a work environment that is fair, equitable, and provides feedback.
- Train new staff, as needed.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree, and at least 10 -12 years of experience directly related to the job responsibilities.
- Professional Certification preferred (CIA, CPA, CFIRS, CBA, CFSA)
- Sound knowledge in a broad range of internal control concepts regarding the financial, operational and information technology areas of a financial institution.
- Extensive understanding of operational and accounting control procedures, methods and philosophies in a banking environment.
- Detailed knowledge of federal banking laws and regulations, including laws related to fiduciary, trust, wealth management, advisory, private banking, and similar laws,
- Knowledge of auditing standards, procedures and related techniques.
- Understanding and knowledge of all aspects of performing internal and external special investigations/projects and must have the ability to effectively and efficiently execute these projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Display a strong level of integrity, ethics, and analytical skills
- Proficient in all MS Office products and automated workpapers.
- Ability to enhance personal, professional, and business growth through new knowledge and experiences.
https://www.wsfsbank.com/careers - Requisition R-100487
Career Opportunities Page